Marshland St. James is a linear settlement, 11 miles south-west of King’s Lynn with a population of approximately 1,000. It extends primarily along Smeeth Road, the central part being south of its junction with Walton Road, and north to the village hall. The village has a small range of services including a primary school, a pub, and a playing field with a large play area facility.
The village landscape has much of the typical Fenland character, comprising of a large scale, low lying landscape offering distant, panoramic views that evoke a real sense of openness, and is largely arable farmed. Earthworks in the form of rivers and creek embankments also add many topographic features, including straight lines of contrast in the wide horizons.
The village is made up of a variety of housing styles, including but not limited to many bungalows, pre-1900 two storey constructions, and also many recent builds.
This website is maintained and run by Marshland St. James Parish Council, for more information please view the links in the menu bar or contact us.